5 Min Read
Financial freedom doesn't happen in a vacuum—it takes hard work, discipline, and time. So if you're ready to embark on your own journey to financial freedom and financial literacy, look no further for inspiration to guide your way. (Not to mention these financial literacy books.)
Whenever you're feeling stuck, need some words of encouragement, or want a reminder of what you're striving toward, these financial freedom quotes are sure to do the trick.
Financial Freedom Quotes
1. "Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time."—Margaret Bonnano
Money may be a tool, but true financial freedom means being able to put time back into your day. If you can have your money working well enough for you that you can work less—that's wealth. After all, how wealthy is the richest person in the world if they don’t have the time to do what they want?
While you can strive to build more wealth, don't forget what you want your money to do for you—give you more time.
2. "If you want to be financially free, you need to become a different person than you are today and let go of whatever has held you back in the past."—Robert Kiyosaki
You've heard the Einstein quote: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
If the methods you've been using to build wealth and reach financial freedom aren't working for you, why are you still using them? To truly reach financial freedom, let go of what isn't serving you. Become a seeker of knowledge and open yourself up to that which you don't know. When you let go of what has held you back, you'll find so much more!
3. "Your economic security does not lie in your job; it lies in your own power to produce—to think, to learn, to create, to adapt. That's true financial independence. It's not having wealth, it's having the power to produce wealth."—Stephen Covey
You are your number one asset because you are the catalyst for any and all wealth that you create. Remember that your true wealth lies in your continued ability to create it—regardless of job or job title. If you invest in yourself—and your skills and education—you ensure your future ability. This money mindset can put you on the path to wealth.
4. "To become financially independent you must turn part of your income into capital; turn capital into enterprise; enterprise into profit; turn profit into investment; and turn investment into financial independence."—Jim Rohn
Wealth-building follows these simple steps, as put forth by financial author Jim Rohn. These are the steps to creating a passive income that makes your money work harder and can give you your time back.
5. "Believe that you are worthy of financial freedom. Do something you love and then all you ever have to do is be yourself to succeed."—Jen Sincero, You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
It's not just a pipe dream—following your passions into a business can help you build capital. Businesses exist to solve problems, and more than likely, something you're passionate about can solve a problem in the marketplace. Those who work hard to follow their dreams, and graduate from employee to business owner, are on a path to building wealth.
6. "Whenever we spend money instead of investing it, we are actually taking from ourselves—we are taking both the time we spend to make the money and the future freedom it can buy."—Grant Sabatier
Investments help you build passive income so that you can earn money in your sleep. We're not saying you can't enjoy your money; however, it takes discipline to put a fraction of your money into investments and a fraction into savings each month. By paying into your investments first, you ensure a better future for yourself, and you can still enjoy the money you have left. See how to start investing.
7. "Financial stability is much more about doing the best with what you have and not about achieving a certain level of income."—Erik Wecks
Financial freedom isn't a specific dollar figure. If it were, we wouldn't have high net worth individuals with significant money problems. True financial freedom means having the time to live life on your own terms. This means doing the best with what you have. If you can save and invest your money in a way that allows you to live life on your terms, it doesn't matter what your take-home pay or your net worth is.
8. "To achieve what 1% of the world's population has (financial freedom), you must be willing to do what only 1% dare to do...hard work and perseverance of the highest order."—Manoj Arora
The secret of the 1% is to do what the 1% does. You can't follow what the other 99% of the world is doing and expect the same results. To achieve the wealth you seek, learn from the habits and strategies of the wealthy. Success leaves clues, so find and follow those clues.
9. "The key to financial freedom and great wealth is a person's ability to convert earned income into passive and/or portfolio income."—Robert Kiyosaki
Passive portfolio income is the key to having freedom of time. When you can build a portfolio of investments that bring in monthly cash flow, you can begin to multiply your wealth. You'll save more efficiently and be able to reinvest your money for greater wealth and cash flow.
10. "Remember to remember your power—everything you've learned with these steps to financial freedom—and put it all into practice every day, because in the grand scheme of life, you'll never really know how things are meant to turn out until they turn out."—Suze Orman
Ultimately, it is the steps you take each and every day that will yield results. You have the power to make big waves and create financial freedom for yourself. Start today, and keep taking the incremental steps necessary to build your wealth. You'll look back and be glad for the progress you've made.
To help you stay motivated and stay on track to reaching your financial goals, download the Monorail app where you can begin to save & spend in a way that gets you closer to your goals.
Subscribe to our exclusive mailing list.
Subscribe to our exclusive mailing list for news and updates.